Square Eyes: Kids' TV of the 80s/90s

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things nostalgic (though I draw a line at mullets and jackets rolled up at the sleeves.) This, combined with a fondness for the TV of my childhood has driven me to create the Square Eyes blog. Simply an A-Z of the shows I watched, with my inimitable commentaries...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Finders Keepers


FINDERS KEEPERS
Made by: BBC?

Shown on: BBC1

Years shown: 1981-5

Yet another schools quiz that tried to make use of ‘state of the art’ BBC computer technology (see First Class) but this one, as far as I can remember, also featured presenter Richard Stilgoe (who looked like a maths teacher and wore a Finders Keepers knitted jumper) playing the theme tune on a piano. So the whole thing was a messy combination of a music hall sing-along and a jumped-up version of battleships. Instantly forgettable, and with crap prizes (possibly a lunch box.)

SQUARE EYES RATING: 2/10

(Thanks to www.tvradiobits.co.uk for the Stilgoe pic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home