Square Eyes: Kids' TV of the 80s/90s

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things nostalgic (though I draw a line at mullets and jackets rolled up at the sleeves.) This, combined with a fondness for the TV of my childhood has driven me to create the Square Eyes blog. Simply an A-Z of the shows I watched, with my inimitable commentaries...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Eureka!


EUREKA!
Made by: ?

Shown on: BBC1 & BBC2

Years shown: 1982-87


My memories of this blatantly-educational-and-therefore-a-bit-dull programme are rather hazy. It basically set out to try and amaze you by explaining how everyday objects were invented or discovered, and in an attempt to keep you awake the ‘eureka!’ moments were re-enacted by a comedy troupe of sorts, which included future
Dr Who, Sylvester McCoy. The inventions were usually something very dull like the biro or the vaccuum cleaner, and they tried to sneak the same inventions past the viewer time and again - but we weren't fooled.

The first series was presented by annoying TV prankster, Jeremy Beadle, with future series fronted by Sarah Greene and Newsround’s Paul McDowell. Gone and best forgotten.

SQUARE EYES RATING: 2/10

(Thanks to www.tvradiobits.co.uk for the borrowed pic)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home