Square Eyes: Kids' TV of the 80s/90s

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things nostalgic (though I draw a line at mullets and jackets rolled up at the sleeves.) This, combined with a fondness for the TV of my childhood has driven me to create the Square Eyes blog. Simply an A-Z of the shows I watched, with my inimitable commentaries...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wiz

WIZ
Made by: BBC?
Shown on: BBC1
Years shown: 1984

Scottish presenter, Kate Copstick, starred as Wiz, a silver robot/alien in this odd and educationally-slanted programme. She lived in an entirely black studio, and was given puzzles to complete by her computer, which you were supposed to care about enough to join in with at home. There was also a dire rap, called ‘Do the Biz with Wiz’. I remember thinking Wiz was a bit dull, but what put me off it for good was that, when watching it, I accidentally switched the TV volume to maximum, which scared me silly, and I forever associated Wiz with this nasty incident of my childhood.

SQUARE EYES RATING: 1/10


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home