Square Eyes: Kids' TV of the 80s/90s

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things nostalgic (though I draw a line at mullets and jackets rolled up at the sleeves.) This, combined with a fondness for the TV of my childhood has driven me to create the Square Eyes blog. Simply an A-Z of the shows I watched, with my inimitable commentaries...

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Bric-a-Brac


BRIC-A-BRAC
Made by: See-saw
Shown on: BBC
Years shown: early 80s

Brian Cant, veteran of Playschool and Play Away, played a junk-shop owner who, every week, would have to file a new object under the correct letter in the alphabet. And that was about it. There was a song, inevitably, and the formula was later ripped off by the lost property office of the Why Bird Stop on Playdays. This was one that I tolerated because my mum liked it and was quite keen on Brian Cant (see above for his dishy pic...!)

SQUARE EYES RATING: 3/10

(Thanks to the BBC's Comedy website for the borrowed pic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home