Square Eyes: Kids' TV of the 80s/90s

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things nostalgic (though I draw a line at mullets and jackets rolled up at the sleeves.) This, combined with a fondness for the TV of my childhood has driven me to create the Square Eyes blog. Simply an A-Z of the shows I watched, with my inimitable commentaries...

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bellamy's Bugle


BELLAMY'S BUGLE
Made by: ?
Shown on: ITV
Years shown: 1986

This is one I have all but erased from my memory. Britain’s favourite botanist, David Bellamy, produces an environmental newsletter every week on his boxy eighties computer, which rather unnecessarily spoke in a sexy female voice. Well, botanists have to get their kicks somewhere, I suppose. Anyway, I think we were treated to library footage of animals in their natural habitats, plus David’s comedy antics, which were kept in check by the computer. I actually met David Bellamy at the opening of a garden centre in 1983, and I had my photo taken with him, where I have my finger up my nose. If only it had been his nose.

SQUARE EYES RATING: 3/10

(Thanks to TV Cream for the borrowed pic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home