Square Eyes: Kids' TV of the 80s/90s

I have an unhealthy obsession with all things nostalgic (though I draw a line at mullets and jackets rolled up at the sleeves.) This, combined with a fondness for the TV of my childhood has driven me to create the Square Eyes blog. Simply an A-Z of the shows I watched, with my inimitable commentaries...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Penny Crayon


PENNY CRAYON
Made by: Peter Maddocks

Shown on: BBC
Years shown: 1990 onwards

Theme tune: "Penny Crayon can draw anything she wishes/From cats and dogs and butterflies/To plates of chips and fishes..."

Penny Crayon was a kilt-wearing cartoon girl, voiced by Hi-de-Hi’s Su Pollard, who was a whiz with an HB. Basically, whatever she drew came to life, which could be extremely useful, but usually caused more trouble than it was worth. She dragged her slow-witted friend, David (voiced by Peter Hawkins), along for the ride, and he usually bore the brunt of any disasters. Penny usually ended up chasing after her creations with a giant eraser, but this didn’t mean she’d learned her lesson by the next episode.

SQUARE EYES RATING: 5/10


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home